• Photos Courtesy of Mike Braca
RIIFF /rif/ - acronym for Rhode Island International Film Festival
~ a 6-day event beginning the second week in August; always starting on a Tuesday at various locations throughout the State of Rhode Island with premiere works in the capital city of Providence;
~ the largest public film festival in New England and an Academy of Motion Pictures Arts & Sciences qualifying event in three categories;
~ a qualifying event for the British Academy of Televsion and Film Arts (BAFTA);
~ a qualifying event for the Canadian Screen Awards;
~ the major portal of entry for filmmakers to discover the Ocean State as a center for film development, talent and production;
~ the producers of the weekly PBS television showcase, "doubleFEATURE;"
~ a unique platform for the creative and cultural discovery of new cinematic talent, both at home, nationally and globally;
~ synonymous with sophisticated, savvy, discerning and film-loving audiences;
~ a Flickers' production.
• See who are RIIFF's Festival Partners, click here •
Please Note: Office hours are M-F 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and by appointment
• 2017 Red Carpet Experience Photos
• 2017 AWARD WINNERS • See Mike Braca's 2017 Festival Photos
• Download the Complete List of 2017 Winners
2018 Rhode Island International Film Festival Call for Entries Opens August 19th
This year's deadlines:
January 15, 2018, early deadline with reduced rates; May 15, 2018, regular deadline; June 1, 2018, late deadline; June 15, 2018, final extended late deadline
Final Deadline for Screenplay Entries: July 15, 2018
The Rhode Island International Film Festival is
a founding partner of The International Film Festival
Submission System (BrigitFest) – on the Web at
Withoutabox.com and prefers paperless entries. Withoutabox
provides cost-saving, online entry to major film festivals
throughout the U.S. and in Europe with one master entry
form, allowing you and us to enter your film more quickly
and with greater accuracy. This method is free and easy.
Withoutabox users enjoy the advantages of Extended Deadlines
and Online Press Kit submissions and filmmakers with
an upgraded project on Withoutabox receive $5.00 off
their Entry Fees.
• Click here for the Downloadable Hard Copy Entry Form • The Fine Print (also found on Withoutabox.com)
Flickers' Sidebar Festivals & Screenings of Note:
• Rhode Island International Film Festival - August 7-12, 2018 (22nd Year)
• Children's Hospitals International Film Festival - April 2018 (2nd Year)
• Ciné Québec - March and November yearly (23rd Year)
• New England University French Discovery Program (4th Year)
• LGBT Expo Film Showcase - September yearly (18th Year)
• Francophonie Film Festival - March yearly (6th Year)
• Roving Eye International Film Festival - April 16-22, 2018 and November 6, 7 & 11, 2018 (14th Year)
• Providence LGBTQ Film Festival - June 8-9, 2018 and August 7-12, 2018 (20th Year)
• KidsEye International Film Festival - August 7-12, 2018 and October 15-21, 2018 (20th Year)
• Jewish Experience Film Series - Spring and Fall yearly (6th Year)
• Islamic Experience Film Series - Spring and Fall yearly (1st Year)
• RIIFF Encore Film Series - Monthly (17th Year)
• Vortex Sci-Fi, Fantasy & Horror Film Festival - October 15-21, 2018 (19th Year)
• Flickers Irish Film Feis - November yearly (3rd Year)
• Le jour le plus court: The Shortest Day of the Year - December yearly (5th Year)
FLICKERS' NEW ENGLAND UNIVERSITY FRENCH FILM DISCOVERY PROGRAM with the Consulat Général de France à Boston
The Flickers' Rhode Island International Film Festival (RIIFF) in collaboration with the French Consulate’s Cultural Service will be screening French short-films at different universities in the greater New England area throughout the Spring and Fall of 2017.
For this third edition, five French short-films from the 2016 Festival have been selected. Shawn Quirk, Program Director for FLICKERS, working with Magali Boutiot, Mission culturelle et universitaire aux Etats-Unis, and Thierry Gustave, University of Massachusetts Boston, will travel to each of the host locations and lead a discussion after the screening. This program of immersion mixes film, language and arts providing a greater understanding of French culture.
SPECIAL FALL SERIES
Beginning November 7th and continuing each Tuesday night through the end of December.
Movies On The Rooftop at the Providence G
Stay warm and cozy on Tuesday nights up on the Rooftop for our weekly Movie Night Series!
In partnership with Flickers' Rhode Island International Film Festival, the Rooftop at the Providence G showcases short film collections by local filmmakers followed by a classic and cult feature films each week.
Enjoy movie specials on Tuesdays such as unlimited popcorn, and ½ priced wine by the glass or bottle!
Stay after the feature film each week for discussions with local filmmakers on their shorts (pending availability)!
Learn More: Click here
THE FILMS AND KEY INFORMATION FOR RIIFF 2017:
• Download the Online Program Book •
• RIIFF Merchandise • 2017 Festival Genius
• View RIIFF Photos by Mike Braca
News for Filmmakers
RIIFF continues its special filmmaker partnership with UniFrance
We are very pleased to report that the Flickers' Rhode Island International Film Festival will continue to partner with UniFrance. French films submitted will be offered a special reduced rate through UniFrance. This unique collaboration was created to show our support for international filmmakers, while providing a portal for discovery and exhibition in the United States.
For more information about UniFrance, click on the image above.