KIDSEYE™ SUMMER FILMMAKING CAMP
Next Camp Dates: July 11-15, 2016
KIDSEYE™ Scholarship Opportunities
Here's your chance to earn a scholarship to attend
the Flickers' KidsEye™Summer Filmmaking
Camp! Your application must be in the form of a typewritten
essay meeting one of the following sets of criteria:
Choose one of the following:
1. Is there a film or movie that changed your life?
Did you ever see a film/movie that changed the way you
looked at yourself or your family, your community or
the world? Tell us how this film/movie impacted you
and why you think films and movies have such a great
influence in people's lives.
2. Why do you want to come to KidsEye™? What
do you hope to learn and do if you come to this camp?
What areas of filmmaking appeal to you? What do you
feel you have to offer in the world of filmmaking?
3. If you could take on the role of any one person
in the film industry, which would it be? (Actor/actress,
Director, Producer, Score Composer, Special Effects,
Makeup Artist, Stunt Double, etc.) Why does this role
appeal to you? Why do you think it is important?
4. Tell us a story you would like to see made. Tell us the plotline and what you would do if you could make that film. Be specific and let your imagination fly.
5. Filmmaking is a team-oriented field. Tell us why you think it's important to work with others in achieving a goal and if were directing a film, how you would accomplish creating a working team.
6. If you were create a mash-up screenplay of characters from the Marvel Comics Universe and DC Comics, what characters would you select and what drama would you create? Here's your chance to tell us a story and share your creativity.
Your essay should be:
• typewritten (12 font)
• 1.5-2 pages
Essays will be judged based on their creativity, genuineness,
and how well they meet the criteria that were described.
So, be thoughtful, be creative, and speak from your
heart. We hope to see you at this summer's KidsEye™
The KidsEye™ Scholarship deadline is May 1st, 2016 (This is the day it must be received, not postmark date)
Please send your essay to Shawn Quirk, RIIFF Program Diretor, c/o
KidsEye™ Summer Filmmaking Camp
P.O. Box 162, Newport, RI 02840
RIIFF Offices: 83 Park Street, Suite 5, Providence, RI 0290
Winners will be notified in early June
and posted on the web site.
About the 2016 Summer Camp
• 2016 Application Form • download here
• Learn about Scholarship Opportunities
• Learn about Summer Educational Programs in Rhode Island
• 2016 Program now available to participants
• Volunteer with KidsEye, click here
• Subscribe to KidsEye on YouTube, click here
Become a member of our KidsEye Facebook Page
Blast from the Past: The KidsEye Back Story
• ABC clip from the 2005 KidsEye™ Premiere
• 2008 KidsEye Summer Filmmaking Camp Photos by Keith Brown
• Brown Student Radio Interview with KidsEye staff and participants
• Spoiler Alert Radio Interview - KidsEye Premiere 2007
• Hasbro link with free downloads of KidsEye™ programming
• Read Moviemaker Magazine Story from 2003
• Photo Album