Flickers' Charitable Donation Program
Flickers is a non-profit organization that is committed to discovering new voices in the world of independent film, art and culture. For 36 years, Flickers has brought art of cinema to the forefront with the belief that through this amazing medium of communication we can create understanding. While this has been our mission, it has also been our driving passion and one we feel should be shared.
To support this mission and the community we serve, Flickers accepts requests for charitable donations to other non-profit organizations and fundraising events throughout the year. During our 2016 - 2017 request cycle, Flickers donated nearly $43,000 in tickets, passes, scholarship and memberships to our year-round events and annual festival to almost 150 organizations in the greater Rhode Island and southern-New England area.
Donation requests may be submitted during the review period occurring from September 1 through March 1 . All requests are reviewed on a first-come first-serve basis by RIIFF Development team and executive staff. Only one request per organization per cycle is accepted for review. Organizations will receive notification of the status of their request within one to two weeks from the date the request is submitted.
Guidelines for Donation Requests:
1. A written request must be submitted during the review period at least one month prior to the date of the event.
2. Requests must be accompanied by a procurement form with non-profit Federal Tax ID number and a formal letter detailing the event and the purpose for which a donation would fulfill.
3. All donations will be mailed to the address provided on the procurement form, unless otherwise noted, or may be held at the Rhode Island International Film Festival Office for pick up.
4. Priority will be given to requests made in a timely manner, with consideration given to the date of the event.
Organizations submitting a request agree to be added to Flickers’ database and mailing list and may be contacted for outreach opportunities.
5. Organizations receiving a donation will allow Flickers to provide promotional materials for distribution and offer other marketing opportunities as available.
• Flickers may approve donation requests to the same organization for up to three consecutive years, unless otherwise noted.
• Requests received between March 2 and August 31 with an event date of October 1 or later may be held and reviewed during the next donation cycle.
If you would like to submit a request, please contact us at the address below:
Flickers' Rhode Island International
P.O. Box 162
Newport, Rhode Island 02840 (United States)
Street Address: 36 Rhode Island Avenue , Newport, RI 02840
Office: 83 Park Street, Suite 5 , Providence, RI 02903
Tel/Fax: (401) 861-4445 / 490-6735
Or send an email to Flickers with the headline “Community Donation Request”