RIIFF 2015 Instagram Video Competition
Join the fun on "RIIFFlash" today!
RIIFF 2015 Instagram Video Competition (RIIFFlash):
Flickers: Rhode Island International Film Festival (RIIFF) is excited to announce its first ever Instagram Video Competition (RIIFFlash) for its 2015 Festival! RIIFF is welcoming filmmakers of all ages and levels to participate in this competition—whether you’ve never made a video in your life, or you’re an experienced filmmaker, YOU have the chance to win our RIIFFlash Competition!
Participation is free and easy—just be creative!
How it works:
Use your Instagram App (updated version with video recording function) to create a video (max. length 15 seconds). The film can be about anything and fall into any genre—comedy, horror, romance, etc.—but try to tell a story in 15 seconds!
1. Make your video on Instagram (download the Instagram application if you do not already have it).
2. Post your video on Instagram, including @RIFilmFest and #RIIFFlash; also include your name in the photo caption
a. *If you have Twitter, please also tweet the video @RIFilmFest and #RIIFFlash. Follow @RIFilmFest on Instagram.
3. This will automatically enter you into the competition.
4. Videos must be posted by Friday, July 24, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. to be considered.
5. Each individual is allowed to submit up to two (2) videos for consideration.
6. The videos will all be viewed and judged by our RIIFF 2015 festival programmers.
7. RIIFF will identify the winning video on Monday, July 27, 2015 by commenting, "Congratulations--you are the RIIFFlash 2015 winner!" on the winning Instagram video. The winner will also be contacted via direct Twitter message if he/she has Twitter and tweets the video @RIFilmFest, #RIIFFlash. The winning video will also be posted on the RIIFF website on July 27, 2015.
*Any videos containing obscene/pornographic content will be removed immediately and the producer of the content will be taken out of contest consideration and reported.
1. The winner will receive two (2) free festival Flickers Day Passes to RIIFF 2015 (August 4-9, 2015). An ideal way to get a real "taste" of the Festival on a day-to-day basis; everyday (except opening night). INCLUDES: All screenings all day • Access to filmmaker after-party each evening. If the winner is traveling from out of state to attend the festival, he/she will be responsible for any travel/lodging costs. VALUE $50@. Note that this prize is NON TRANSFERABLE.
2. The winning video will screen during the 2015 festival, on Friday night, August 7th, and winner will be recognized in front of festival audience and awarded the first ever RIIFFlash Award.
3. The winning video and the name of the winner will be displayed on the RIIFF website (www.RIFilmFest.org) until October 19, 2015.
Questions about the RIIFFlash Competition should be sent to: Tsutomu Brelsford, firstname.lastname@example.org
FLICKERS: Rhode Island International
Mailing: P.O. Box 162, Newport, Rhode Island 02840 (United States)
Street Address: 36 Rhode Island Avenue, Newport, RI 02840
Office: 83 Park Avenue, Suite 5, Providence , RI 02903
Tel/Fax: (401) 861-4445 / 490-6735